The election in five states – UP, Uttrakhand , Punjab , Manipur and Goa has over and results has been declared. Total 690 seats were in stake in these five states and BJP with their alliances won 434 seats in these states . This means BJP won 63% of seats and Lotus blossoms everywhere.
- Understand the ground reality and make a strong plan to achieve your goal. BJP booth level strategies worked well in Uttar Pradesh and have a charismatic face of Modi Ji.
- Alliance should be made with perfect partner. Samajwadi party did alliance with Congress who was already in bad shape in UP and this alliance did not work for Akhilesh Yadav in UP. BJP targeted this alliance badly.
- Focus on strength and possibility. BJP totally ignore the election in Punjab as they knew they have lost the battle before the election and anti- incumbency wave against the akali dal is much stronger than they assume.
- BJP entered into the politics of Eastern state. First they conquered Assam and now , entered successfully in Manipur.
- They faced the anti incumbency in GOA also but when the find an opportunity of forming government, they did it successfully.
- Campaign with your star performer.
The basic lessons learnt from this election are :
- Do your SWOT well.
- Focus on your strength.
- Understand your plan well and execute this perfectly.
- Keep attacking your opponents.
- Explore the new opportunities also.
- Leader should be followed everywhere.