Friday, February 5, 2010

Make your Goals – S.M.A.R.T

Make your Goals – S.M.A.R.T

During a training session to my juniors, I asked some of the trainee that what is their goal in life? And I found some interesting answer.
One said,” I want to be rich.” Other said, “ I want to buy a house in delhi” and someone said,” I want to a manager in a company.”

I objected to all these goals because these goals are not smart goals, all of trainees were surprised then I told them about the SMART goals.
I asked that how much money he requires to be rich, he had no answer. When I asked another that when he will buy the house in delhi.

The SMART goals are which are measurable and quantifiable. If you are not able to measure them , all goals are vague.
SMART is the acronym for Specific, Measurable , Achievable , Realistic and Time bound. So, Goals are to be assess in these parameters.

Example :

Personal Goals : I will complete MBA by 2011 or I will save 25% of my salary every month.
Professional Goals : I will change my job in before December,2010.

These above example of goals can be measured each day because you know your goal and its target date(s) and you will try something to achieve them if you are true to your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment