Thursday, May 21, 2015

A short Corporate Story …. Appraisal

Boss called his junior in his cabin. 

“ Mr. Singh … As you know we are short from our target achievement in the past year.  What do you think ? who is responsible ?”
Boss fired questions to his junior.


“Sir, my target achievement was 105%” , He answered.

“ So, you want to prove that you are overachieved and other members are responsible for not achieving the target.”  Boss almost shouted and said , “ It means you are not a team player.  If you guide your team members on time, they could also achieved their target.”  Junior was stunned from the reply.

“ What is your expectations from your appraisal ?”  Boss said.

“ Sir, I think I have done a wonderful job inspite of slowdown in the market” He uttered.

“ But my dear, our team has not done well.  So, we have to suffered as a team, not an individual” Boss said .

Junior said to Boss, “ Sir, I am agreed that I have not coached or mentor the other team members but I had no time for that.  I was always on tour.”

“ Right Mr. Singh, this is your problem.  But I am very disappointed by this fact that you are very experienced in my team and I have a lot of expectations from you.  Let me check that How much I can recommended for you?” Boss said while checking some sheet.

“ Thank You sir,  I will do my best in this year.”  He said and leave the cabin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment