Sunday, January 10, 2010

My First Job Interview...............

I was landed up in delhi on 25th June,2000 after finishing my graduation from Kumaun University, Nainital.

From 2000 to June, 2002 I was jobless and always tried to find out a job of any kind because of my frustration and family pressure. Even I was ready to give my service in a Bar.

On 23th May, 2002 I got a Interview call letter from a company at Faridabad and I was landed up there on 25th May,2002.

There were 25 Other candidates for the post and I was shocked to see them because I badly need a job to sustain in Delhi. During these 2 years, I gave tuition to students but as per my family , this is not a stable job you have to do a regular job.

OK, Let us come to the interview. I was listed in the 13th number in the list for the interview and I almost thought, this 13 number will again not give me the job here. But finally I decided to give the interview.
The other candidates who were appeared for interview told us that Interviwer is very strict and asking about our past experience. I was demoralised because I had no experience. When the receptionist called my name to go for the interview, First time, my heartbeat went soaring and When I sat infront of the interviwer , I was almost trembling with fear.
After Asking some general question, he gave me a report of excel and told me to apply some excel formulae on it. Although , I was a computer science graduate but it was 2 years back and i has also done a course on MS-OFFICE but that time, everything was slipped from mind. But finally , I recalled my memory and done the required changes in the report.
After that , he told me that I have to sit at Reception and after all the interview was over, the reception once again called me and diverted me to HR.
HR Personnel gave me a form to fill and after filling the same, when I asked him about the further processing, he told me that I was selected for the post and you have to report the company from 3rd June,2002.
I was in seventh sky and I immediately called my home to tell that i got the job.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic story dada....
    i feel your happiness in your words....

    ReplyDelete