Sunday, January 17, 2010

My five mistakes during the 8 years of career itinerary ………….

1.Start job too early ….. I have joined a company when I was just 22 years after completing my graduation only. I always wanted to do further study but I could not manage it and started my job journey with a manufacturing company at lower management.
Tips : First complete your study then start job hunting. Don’t show your thirst for job to any employer, they will negotiate you and take advantage of your situation. First job is always a milestone in your job itinerary, so, be choosy.

2.Five Years long tenure with my first company: I had spent my 5 years with my first company and it takes a lot from me. Although I learnt a lot from this company but my growth is not at par with my expectations at my company because I joined them in a junior level.
Tips : Try to switch after 2~ 3 years in a company because after spending more than 3 years , there is no scope for you to learn to you and there is nothing left within you to give to the company. We go to our saturation point and relax ourselves into a comfort zone because of familiarity with the company and its culture.

3.Don’t Go by the name of the company: When I joined a company after my first job, it was a very reputed company of their field and I was just joined this company because of its name and this did not work for me. When I entered to this company, the company atmosphere and policy did not suits with me and I found myself in a great dilemma.
Tips : Before joining any company, check its credentials and try to find out the working atmosphere of the company.

4.Negotiate your terms and conditions at the time of Interview : When I joined another company , I could not able to negotiate my salary and other things in a right manner because of my frustration with my company and I was desperately need a job and when I got the job in another company , I immediately resigned from my company and joined the new company. Afterwards, I came to know the discrepancy between the said terms & conditions at the time of appointment and real scenario.
Tips : Be careful while negotiating your salary and other perks and ask any doubts at the time of offer letter or appointment. Be sure , that all the terms and conditions remains same.

5.Keep a good professional relations with your boss : Your immediate boss is always shut or open the doors for you in a company. I had some conflicts with my previous boss on some issues but my work never appreciated because of my conflicts with my boss and my appraisals always suffered due to this.
Tips : Boss is always right. Make your point of view in any subject but follows the boss – deliver what he /she wants.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your tips dada..
    and these are very important for my coming future...
    please accept mt special thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete